How to Boost a Facebook Post
Facebook recently updated their timeline rules again meaning we will all find it harder to reach new followers. This means more of us will need to spend on paid advertising to reach those new clients.
The good news is that the opportunity is huge * and it doesn’t need to be costly. We see a lot of Salons get good returns from small spends between £5 and £10 on a promotion.
We are often asked how to use paid advertising effectively so here is a quick guide:
Before we proceed, we assume that you already have a Facebook Business Page, if not create a Business Page now.
1. Go to your Facebook Business Page.
2. Find the post you want to boost, e.g. Valentine Special.
3. Click the ‘Boost Post’ button below the Post.
4. Now the Audience section will appear on your screen. Click on Create New Audience. You’ll now have the opportunity to create an audience based on the following :
– Location: target around an address, in a region or even worldwide. Enter your salon postcode and set the distance – say 5km (just over 3miles) around your Salon.
– Interests, Demographics and Behaviors
5 – In the Budget and Duration section, click the drop-down below Total budget to select a budget for your boosted post. You can select a pre-filled budget or click Choose Your Own and type in a custom budget – for your first post try £3 a day for a Saturday and Sunday.
6 – Choose a duration option, or type in a custom end date next to run this ad until.
7 – In the Payment section, select your preferred payment option. If this is your first paid promotion, you will be asked to enter your card details.
8 – Click Boost.
The post will be reviewed, usually within minutes and start running. The only time it will get rejected is if the image has 20% or more text on it. Better to use a photo of the salon window or for example, Love Hearts for a Valentines Promotion.
Need a hand? Just reply to this email, and we can help.
Need your site updated? No Development Fees
Our subscription plans are all inclusive with no hidden extras, and we are always here to keep your site right up to date. We include any content writing, artwork, hosting on our cloud SSL secure server and ongoing optimisation for performance and search engine optimisation.
* For example, in the UK in January, the highest number of Facebook Users was among 25 to 34-year-olds, of which 5.2 million are women and 5.5 million are men.
Any questions contact us or call 0116 2160293.